Last night we returned from a four day trip to the Islands. As I reflect on all the great things God has done, here are some highlights:
– 3 hour boat ride with 15 people in a boat shaped like a canoe, loaded down with food, sound system, and tents.
– Met and ministered with 60 pastors and leaders from 30 different churches from 5 different islands.
– Slept in a tent with Brent and Seth
– Bathed only once as it was a bucket bath in a makeshift shower (meaning behind a tree). But they heated the water for us so it was actually quite refreshing.
– Powerful sessions where 3 other speakers and I spoke on vessels of honor. I spoke on the topics of unity, forgiveness, sanctification, and works of service and one workshop with just the senior pastors where we discussed the importance of vision.
The Islands are very third world and extremely poverty stricken. The network that Brent has developed is hugely encouraging to these leaders and important in bringing spiritual and physical health to the Islands.
I will be back to Westside next week and will share more about the trip at our weekend services on the 11th and 12th.